Monday, September 22, 2008

I look like a Girl?

The family was taking the lift one day when an old auntie exclaimed to us: "Wa, hen duo tou fa ah" (basically means your baby has a lot of hair in Chinese).

Me and El just smiled politely back and said "yah lor". (I tried to hide behind El just in case the old auntie figured out who the culprit was in passing the hairy genes to him).

She then continued: "Nu de hor?" (meaning " girl right?" in Chinese)....

My baby boy mistaken for a baby girl? Okay, it wasn't the first time. It has happened a few times already. But at this age, I thought he already looks unmistakably like a boy boy. Looks like I was wrong.

Seriously.. Ethan makes an ugly baby girl.. He also burps and passes gas too loudly to be one. In fact, if he was a baby girl, I would be traumatized. Look at him and then compare with cute little Ashley.

Maybe its time to cut his hair...

5 comments:

angeline said...

Haha this is so funny! But I like Ethan's hair the way it is :)

eleanor said...

me too. :) Many ppl have told us that he needs a haircut but i do love his hair (which by the way resist any efforts to be combed down using a baby comb which we bought at $1.50 from NTUC) heh.. maybe we'll just let it grow till we're spending too much on the baby shampoo...

amelia thinks said...

Up till now people still check with us if Zac is a boy first before making a comment! sigh

eleanor said...

melia, are you serious?? Up till now? That's quite amazing i must say..

amelia thinks said...

yah...sadly...its mostly the older aunties...maybe its eye sight issues.